Benson Crab & Wine Limited respects your right to privacy. This policy summarizes what personally identifiable information and other information we may collect, how we may use this information and other important topics relating to your privacy and data protection.
It is our policy to comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws. This commitment reflects the value we place on earning and keeping the trust of our customers, and others who share their personal information with us.
Limitations on the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law according to the Hong Kong SAR Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), whenever we collect personal information on this website, we will:
- provide timely and appropriate notice to you about its data practices;
- collect, use, disclose and transfer your personal information only with your consent, which may be express or implied, depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, legal requirements, and other factors;
- collect your personal information only for specific, limited purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
- take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
- not use your personal information for direct marketing purposes without giving you an opportunity to “opt-out”; and
- take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within our company.
Information Collected on this website and How It May Be Used
Information You Voluntarily Provide:
We collect the information you knowingly and voluntarily provide in order to benefit from a feature or participate in an activity on this website. In many cases this information may include collection of personal information.
We only use your information for the purposes for which you provide it. For example, if you provide your e-mail address when you sign up to receive e-mail alerts, we use your e-mail address to deliver the e-mail alerts you request.
Information Automatically Gathered:
We collect information sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes the IP address of your Internet service provider, the name of your operating system (such as Mac or Windows) and the name and version of your browser (such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome). The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. We use this information to help us improve our sites and make them more compatible with the technology used by our Internet visitors.
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
A “cookie” is a file of information placed on your device when you visit a website. Cookies and similar technologies can enhance your user experience by saving your preferences, personalizing your online experience, holding items in your shopping cart, and sometimes providing you with advertising which is tailored to your interests. This website uses “session cookies”. A session cookie does not identify you personally and expires after you close your browser.
Use and Sharing of Your Information
We will not sell personal information collected from its Internet sites to mailing list brokers without your express consent.
We will not disclose personal information about our Internet Site visitors except as described here:
- Except as specifically stated, we may use information collected from this website to improve the content of our Site, to customize the site to your preferences, to communicate information to you (if you have requested it) for our new product.
- We may also share your personal information with third parties we hire to perform support services for us. These third parties are required to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to treat your personal information as strictly confidential in compliance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
In certain, limited circumstances we may share or transfer personal information to unrelated third parties. For example, we may provide personal information to a third party (i) at your request; (ii) to comply with a legal requirement or court order; (iii) to investigate a possible crime, such as identity theft; or (iv) under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
Security of Your Personal Information
Your personal information will generally be stored in databases maintained by our service providers. To the extent required by law, if your personal information will be transferred outside your country, an appropriate notice will be provided.
We maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal information. For example, we use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to transfer personal information over the internet. Although we use security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorised disclosure, misuse or alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the internet, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control.
Links to Third Party Internet Sites
Access to Personal Information or Questions about this Policy or our Privacy Statements
Shop 3, G/F, Yee Fat Mansion,
2 Min Fat Street, Happy Valley,
Changes to this Policy and our Privacy Statements
This Policy was last revised on Aug 1, 2016.